University of Saskatchewan
Archaeology (B.Sc. Four-year)
|University of Saskatchewan
|College of Arts and Science
|Field of Study:
|The program focuses on the past peoples of western Canada and the broader Circumpolar North. You will have the opportunity to participate in the excavation of archaeological sites and will learn how to employ a wide variety of laboratory techniques. These include the analyses of artifacts and other archaeological materials such as human and non-human skeletal remains. You will learn how people interacted with past environments and how sociocultural explanations relevant to past human experiences are developed and tested. In sum, you will learn about how and why human behaviour has changed in the past in order to better understand human behavioural changes today and into the future.
|Archaeology (B.Sc. Four-year) at University of Saskatchewan
|Cost per year:*
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Foundations of Mathematics 30 or Pre-Calculus 30
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
Students entering the Bachelor of Arts program, or who are undecided about which program they are interested in, are encouraged to take Foundations of Mathematics 30. Students interested in the Bachelor of Science program are encouraged to take Pre-Calculus 30.
Students can be admitted into this college with a mathematics deficiency but are encouraged to consult the college upon admission to plan how to clear the deficiency.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or CanTEST [min. 85] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86]
|Application Notes :
|To view all accepted English language proficiency standardized tests, please visit: https://admissions.usask.ca/requirements/english-language-proficiency.php#ProofofEnglishproficiency
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.