University of Regina
|School:||University of Regina
|Field of Study:||Gerontology
|Description:||Are you interested in learning about aging and understanding how the aging process impacts human movement? In the gerontology program you will study the social, psychological and biological aspects of aging. This program takes an 'active health' approach to anticipating the needs of an aging population.
Offered in partnership with Mount Royal University, you will complete five courses through distance delivery while taking the remainder of your courses at the University of Regina. Gerontology can be completed as a major in the Bachelor of Kinesiology or a concentration in any other kinesiology or sport and recreation studies major.
|URL:||Gerontology at University of Regina
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Mathematics
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
One additional 30 level course is also required.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration)
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.