University of Regina
|School:||University of Regina
|Faculty:||Arts, Science, Kinesiology
|Field of Study:||Pre-Medicine/Pre-Medical Studies
|Description:||Students can complete the pre-medicine requirements for the University of Saskatchewan MD Degree at the University of Regina. Pre-professional programs help prepare students for admission to a specialised program at another institution.
Students must complete a 4-year baccalaureate preparatory degree to be eligible to apply to the College of Medicine. As well, students will be required to write the MCAT for admission. The most up-to-date requirements and notice of upcoming changes will be posted on the College of Medicine website at www.usask.ca/medicine. Students looking to apply to medical schools other than the U of S are able to complete their pre-med requirements here, but should check the various medical schools for their particular admission requirements. These students are welcome to consult with our advisors to ensure they get everything they need. Pre-medicine courses completed at the University of Regina can be used toward a variety of programs at the University of Regina.
|URL:||Pre-Medicine at University of Regina
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65 to 70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Mathematics
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
One additional 30 level course is also required.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration)
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.