University of Regina
|School:||University of Regina
|Faculty:||Kinesiology and Health Studies
|Field of Study:||Therapeutic Recreation/Recreational Therapy
|Description:||Are you interested in helping to improve the quality of life for people with physical, mental, social or emotional limitations? Therapeutic Recreation recognizes the value of leisure, recreation and play as vital for quality of life. You will learn how to plan, implement and evaluate therapeutic recreation programs aimed at assisting the individual to achieve independence, optimal health and a high quality of life.
The University of Regina's Therapeutic Recreation program is the only one of its kind between British Columbia and Nova Scotia that guarantees academic path eligibility for certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (www.nctrc.org).
|URL:||Therapeutic Recreation at University of Regina
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
One additional 30 level course is also required.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration)
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.