University of Regina
Creative Writing (English)
|School:||University of Regina
|Field of Study:||English Creative Writing
|Description:||This is a concentration of four specific Creative Writing courses that students who are majoring in English may enroll in.
Imagine yourself as an award-winning poet or novelist, as a government policy advisor, or as a communications officer. Maybe you like to coordinate folk festivals, design corporate websites, that teach others about literature or writing, or unearth lost manuscripts. These are some examples of where the study of English can lead.
Through this program you will learn about authors from around the globe, diverse genres and literary periods. You will also develop critical thinking and writing skills that will enhance your learning style and strengthen your communications skills.
|URL:||Creative Writing (English) at University of Regina
|Careers:||Authors and WritersEditors||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- English Language Arts A30 & B30*
- One approved math or science
- One approved 30-level language, social science, or fine arts
- One additional approved 30-level course
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.