Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||Spanish Language and Literature
|Description:||If you speak Spanish you can communicate with nearly 500 million people in the world. Spanish is one of the most important languages in the economy, politics and culture of our hemisphere. It is the second language of the United States and is becoming popular in established economic powers such as China and emerging ones like Brazil and India. Knowing Spanish will give you greater job opportunities in the labour market.
Students are offered opportunities to study abroad, including exchange programs in Chile, Colombia and Spain.
|URL:||Spanish at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 First Nations Studies or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies
You may apply for admission into the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by indicating bachelor of arts as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.