Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Chemistry, General
|Description:||Chemistry is the science of the composition, structure, properties and reactions of matter, especially of atomic and molecular systems. The synthesis of new drugs, the production of novel materials and the monitoring and improvement of our environment all involve the science of chemistry. The modern-day subject of chemistry is a dynamically-changing science that is about cutting-edge discoveries and the use of state-of-the-art techniques and technologies that impact almost every aspect of human life and almost every aspect of the development of human society. It is easy to understand why the field of chemistry is often described as the central science.
The Department of Chemistry has state-of-the-art spectroscopic and other analytical instrumentation as well as high performance computer facilities such as ACEnet.
|URL:||Chemistry at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 First Nations Studies or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies
You may apply for admission into the Faculty Science by indicating bachelor of science as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.