Education - Secondary Science and Technology
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education
|Field of Study:||Science Teacher Education/General Science Teacher Education
Technology Teacher Education/Industrial Arts Teacher Education
|Description:||The aim of the B.Ed. Secondary Education program is to prepare strong beginning teachers for the secondary school level, and leads to teacher certification. This integrated program provides students with the subject matter expertise in the Living World, Earth and Space, the Material World, and the Technological World needed to teach the secondary science curriculum in Quebec schools and consists of courses in Education (including field experiences) and courses in the subject area of the teaching specialization. For all teacher education programs, course sequencing is highly structured.
|URL:||Education - Secondary Science and Technology at McGill University
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Note for Prospective Students from CEGEP: the Secondary Science and Technology program requires significant background in science courses to complete.
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Français or Grade12 English
- 2 of Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Biology
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 577] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 90]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.