- All applicants must complete an assessment through the Test Centre, and will be required to pay the current fee of $50 (subject to change). Results from the health program assessment will be utilized to establish minimum eligibility and also ranked, with the highest ranked applicants given priority admission. The health program assessment can only be written once per academic cycle.
- International applicants must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above along with proof of either: (IELTS / TOEFL) IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic). Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency.
- Standard First Aid - you must have a valid Standard First Aid certificate which is valid for a three (3) year period and a Health Care Provider (HCP) CPR C and Automated External Defibrillation (AED) Certification in order to attend any clinical practice which must remain current for each academic year of your program until graduation. Please note that CPR certification course is specifically designed for Health Care Professionals, course provides training on skills required for Adult, Child, and Infant Resuscitation; One and Two Rescuer, First Aid for Choking, proper use of barrier devices in resuscitation, AED and Bag Valve Mask. Please note that on-line CPR courses do not meet the re-certification standards required for your program.
- Accepted applicants must submit a Health Assessment form and provide an Immunization Certificate prior to entry to the program. Applicants must have complete immunization including Hepatitis B, and T.B. test (a Chest X-ray is required if the T.B. test is possibility) and are required to have annual immunization for influenza by some clinical affiliates.
Students in the program must be fit-tested for N-95 masks as required.