Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
Nursing (Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Bridging option)
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Field of Study:||Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN, ASN, BSN, MSN)
|Description:||This option is available for interested applicants who are currently licensed by the College of Licenced Practical Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador. A copy of the current LPN license is required.
This program is offered at the Centre for Nursing Studies in St. John's.
|URL:||Nursing (Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Bridging option) at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Careers:||Nursing Co-ordinators and SupervisorsHead Nurses and SupervisorsNurses (RNs)||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 World Religions or Grade12 First Nations Studies or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies
Students are conditionally accepted to the LPN bridging option and must successfully complete a bridging semester during the spring semester prior to beginning the program. Successful students will then bridge into Year 2 of the bachelor of nursing (collaborative) program at the Centre for Nursing Studies.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.