Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
Pure Mathematics (BA)
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Mathematics, General
|Description:||Pure mathematics involves the study of the core areas of mathematics such as abstract algebra, number theory, geometry, and real and complex analysis.
We employ undergraduate students in the Math Help Centre and to mark course assignments. Some of our students qualify for summer research employment funded by the National Science and Engineering Research Council.
|URL:||Pure Mathematics (BA) at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Careers:||Mathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Data Management or Calculus and Vectors or Advanced Functions
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- Social Science or International Languages or First Nations Studies or Canadian and World Studies
If you're interested in completing pure mathematics as an arts major, apply for admission into the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by indicating bachelor of arts as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.