University of Regina
Education - YNTEP (Yukon Native Teacher Education Program)
|School:||University of Regina
|Field of Study:||Elementary Education and Teaching
|Description:||The Yukon Native Teacher Education Program (YNTEP) offers a University of Regina BEd (elementary education) in cooperation with Yukon College in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
Through YNTEP, students of aboriginal ancestry who live in the Yukon take courses in Northern Studies, Native Language, and Cross-Cultural Education Methods, as well as other Education and Arts courses. In every year of this four-year program students spend time in a school classroom working with an experienced teacher.
|URL:||Education - YNTEP (Yukon Native Teacher Education Program) at University of Regina
|Careers:||Elementary School Teachers||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- English Language Arts A30 & B30*
- One approved math or science course
- One approved 30 level language, social science, or fine arts course
- One additional approved 30 level course
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.