Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
Computer Science (BA)
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Degree:||Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
|Field of Study:||Computer Science
|Description:||Computer science deals with the theoretical foundations of information and computation, and with practical techniques for their implementation and application.
Virtually every discipline – practical, theoretical or creative – is experiencing the influence of computers. The ever-increasing dependence on computer technology in our daily lives presents rich opportunities for those interested in the design of new applications and systems. Every career can benefit from a deeper understanding of computing. The technology skills a major in computer science helps develop will make you indispensable and relevant no matter your position.
|URL:||Computer Science (BA) at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Careers:||Software EngineerComputer and Information Systems ManagersComputer Programmers||See More...
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 First Nations Studies or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies
If you're interested in completing computer science, apply for admission into the Faculty Science or the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by indicating bachelor of science or bachelor of arts, respectively, as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.