York University - Glendon Campus
|School:||York University - Glendon Campus
|Field of Study:||Biology/Biological Sciences, General
Biomedical Sciences, General
|Description:||Our biology program is a great option if you're interested in exploring the major topics in biology with an emphasis on conservation biology, ecology and animal behaviour. Although the discipline of biology is diverse, conservation biology, ecology and animal behaviour are among the most important features of the environmental aspects of our daily activities. As a student in our program, you will be at the forefront of scientific research that shapes and reflects what the workforce is looking for.
A worldwide focus on public health and environmental issues calls for more biology and health science graduates who can work in the science professions. In Ontario in particular, there is a need to provide health-related services in English and French.
|URL:||Biology (BSc) at York University - Glendon Campus
|Cost per year:*||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Biology
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
- A minimum of six 4U or 4M courses, including 4U English (ENG4U) or FRA4U for applicants from French-language high schools.
- We accept a combination of U and M courses and OACs.
- Ensure you meet our language requirements.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 220] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 83] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 560] or Test de Français International [min. 785]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
- Work Experience
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.