Vancouver Island University - Graduate Programs
Master of Community Planning
|School:||Vancouver Island University - Graduate Programs
|Faculty:||Faculty of Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||City/Urban, Community and Regional Planning
|Description:||Do you want to design and shape the world around you? Consider the Master of Community Planning degree at Vancouver Island University. Community planners play a huge role in the development of neighbourhoods, towns, cities and regions. An urban planner can also help shape a community’s response to a range of emerging issues such as climate change; and economic issues such as tourism by creating a sustainable city also known as ecocity.
|URL:||Master of Community Planning at Vancouver Island University - Graduate Programs
|Cost per year:*||
The cost includes tuition, lab supplies, student activity fee, student union fee, health and dental plan fee, and field studies fee.
|Careers:||Urban and Land Use Planners||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||72
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
A minimum average of "B" calculated in the last two years of the undergraduate degree, with a review of the entire degree.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 88] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based)
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- An area of research interest that meshes with the focus areas of the Program.
- A statement of career interest that shows a clear understanding of the opportunities available in Planning.
- A statement of volunteer or career experience that supports the two previously referenced documents.
- Evidence of high academic achievement.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.