Algonquin College - Perth Campus
Heritage Carpentry and Joinery
|School:||Algonquin College - Perth Campus
|Faculty:||Algonquin College (Perth Campus)
|Field of Study:||Carpentry/Carpenter
|Description:||The two-year Heritage Carpentry and Joinery Ontario College Diploma program provides you with skills and knowledge related to the preservation, renovation and restoration of historical architecture.
Absorb the traditions of old world craftsmanship through both theory and practice. Experience more than 950 hours of hands-on learning during the program. You will also participate in a one-week site work to apply your skills in a real-world environment.
|URL:||Heritage Carpentry and Joinery at Algonquin College - Perth Campus
|Cost per year:*||
Information on tuition and fees can be found on the Algonquin College website.
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Should the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of available places, applicants will be selected on the basis of their proficiency in English and mathematics.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.