Algonquin College - Pembroke Campus
Applied Nuclear Science and Radiation Safety
|School:||Algonquin College - Pembroke Campus
|Faculty:||Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley (Pembroke Campus)
|Field of Study:||Nuclear and Industrial Radiologic Technologies/Technicians, Other
|Description:||The two-year Applied Nuclear Science and Radiation Safety Ontario College Diploma program is the only program of its kind in Canada. In this program, you learn to monitor radiation levels and implement preventive measures critical to ensuring the safety of employees and members of the public, and providing for protection of the environment.
Learn to effectively complete important tasks focusing on radiation safety, such as detecting and measuring radiation levels, mitigating contamination hazards and providing guidance and information to personnel to control contamination and minimize radiation exposure.
|URL:||Applied Nuclear Science and Radiation Safety at Algonquin College - Pembroke Campus
|Cost per year:*||
Tuition and related ancillary fees for this program can be viewed by using the Tuition and Fees Estimator tool at www.algonquincollege.com/fee-estimator.
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C)
- Grade11 Chemistry or Grade11 Physics
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 will be charged.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.