- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 190] or DuoLingo [min. 115]
|Application Notes : ||Students who have been asked to meet McMaster’s English Language Proficiency requirement must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving the minimum requirements as specified by McMaster: IELTS: 6.5, CAE: 190, PTE: 60, CAEL: 70, TOEFL (iBT): 86, DUO: 115.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||To be considered applicants must:
1. possess a current CNO annual registration payment card or have written the Practical Nurses Registration Examination by May 31 of the year of application;
2. have a diploma in practical nursing (two year program) from an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology or equivalent with a minimum overall average of 75% or higher. Applicants who have satisfactorily completed a diploma practical nurse program but who have not achieved the required Grade Point Average (GPA) may become academically eligible by completing at least twelve units (two full courses or four half courses) of university degree credit in any subject area with a GPA of at least B(75%). This minimum GPA does not guarantee admission.
3. have Grade 12 U English or equivalent and one of the following Grade 12 U Mathematics courses; Advanced Functions, Calculus and Vectors or Mathematics of Data Management or equivalent.
- For submission of the Grade 12 U English and Grade 12 U Mathematics course, students can present the courses in the second semester of a pre-approved Pre-Health program.
- English and Mathematics courses from a (post-secondary) university program may be considered.
Please note all BScN applicants must complete a mandatory CASPer Test (Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics).