Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||Ancient Studies/Civilization
|Description:||The diploma in ancient worlds is designed for those who are interested in the study of the history, customs, and culture of the ancient world. The program’s objective is to offer students a representative breadth of knowledge about the ancient world. It is structured around introductory and advanced courses in archaeology, classics, history, philosophy and religious studies and promotes familiarity with at least three disciplines among the five offered. The program also includes a field school course to be chosen from two field schools offered by the Department of Archaeology. The core skills and competencies taught in the course of the program will prepare you for pursuing studies in a variety of interdisciplinary fields.
|URL:||Ancient Worlds at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 First Nations Studies or Grade12 Canadian and World Studies
Information about declaring a program of study in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is available at iDeclare.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.