Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Marine Biology and Biological Oceanography
|Description:||Marine biology is the study of marine organisms, their behaviours and interactions with the environment. The marine biology major provides a wealth of experiential learning opportunities for students with a combination of wet labs, field trips and project-based courses. Get out of the classroom and into the sea at our Bonne Bay Marine Station or conduct your own marine project (under the watchful eyes of our resident harp seals) at the Ocean Sciences Centre.
The joint major in Marine Biology is jointly administered by the Department of Ocean Sciences and the Department of Biology. It consists of core courses in oceanography and biology, and additional courses in various science subjects.
|URL:||Marine Biology at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
Cost shown is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus and Vectors
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- International Languages or Social Science
You may apply for admission into the Faculty Science by indicating bachelor of science as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.