Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education
|Field of Study:||Education, General
Secondary Education and Teaching
|Description:||The bachelor of education (intermediate/secondary) is a 51 credit hour, second degree program designed to prepare teachers of grades 7-12. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be qualified to teach in your designated academic disciplines. This full-time, professional program, which extends over three consecutive semesters, is intended for candidates who have completed an appropriate bachelor's degree. It includes a two-week early internship and a one-semester internship placement.
A French as a second language option is available.
|URL:||Education (Intermediate/Secondary) at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
The cost is a sample for two semesters of a bachelor's degree program.
|Careers:||Post-secondary Teaching and Research AssistantsCollege and Other Vocational InstructorsSecondary School Teachers||See More...
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Mathematics or Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- Canadian and World Studies or Philosophy or World Religions or French
To be considered for admission, you must have:
- been awarded an approved bachelor's degree from Memorial University or a university recognized by Memorial University
- completed 36 credit hours in an approved academic discipline (business studies, Newfoundland and Labrador studies and religious studies cannot be used to satisfy the 36 credit hour requirement)
- completed 24 credit hours in a second approved academic discipline
- achieved an overall average of at least 65% in each of the sets of courses chosen above
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.