Top 5 Reasons Why You Will Love the U of R!
1. High ranking: One of Canada's top 10 comprehensive universities.
2. Support is our strength: From the moment we meet you and your family, until the moment you find employment after graduation, we provide personalized services to encourage and assist in your academic and career needs.
3. State of the art facilities: Come and discover our new campus. It is modern, clean and convenient.
4. The U of R is a global community: We are large enough to host students from over 90 countries, yet small enough to give you a more personalized and focused academic experience. You can get to know your professors and faculty members. The student to faculty ratio is 20:1.
5. Success for life: Regina is your home away from home! It is safe, affordable and provides a high standard of living. Saskatchewan has an immigration nomination program that is faster than national program and is open to University of Regina graduates.
Petroleum Engineering (largest in the country)
| ||# Beds||Lowest||Highest
|Co-ed:||1,830 beds||Lowest: $7,193||Highest: $13,754
Living on campus is comfortable, convenient, and fun! Just think of how nice it would be to roll out of bed, toss on your favourite hoodie, and be in class in 5 minutes! With six different buildings and 1,830 rooms to choose from, we know that there is a perfect room for you. Whether you select dorm-style or apartment-style housing, all of our residents enjoy their own private bedrooms so you can retreat to your own space at the end of the day. Apply by March 15 and take advantage of the best available room options. Visit www.uregina.ca/housing
Off-campus housing is available across Regina, serviced by standard and express bus routes to both U of R campuses. You can check out the University of Regina Students' Union Classifieds for some housing options. Visit https://classifieds.ursu.ca/
The Student Success Centre offers personalized support services are designed to encourage and assist you in making the most of your University experience. We can help you face academic challenges, develop skills, set goals and connect with others. We will also help you prepare for life after University, whether that be a career, graduate degree or something else. We are committed to your success as an individual. Programs include workshops and learning skills development, free tutoring, and the UR Guarantee Program.
Whether you are trying to choose a career direction, or looking for full-time, summer, part-time, or co-op employment, the Career Centre is for you! We strive to give you the most current, valid, and comprehensive information for your prospective job-searching needs.
- Career Exploration & Counselling offers services and resources for making informed decisions about your educational, career and life direction with a focus on three activities: self-assessment, exploration and re-evaluation.
- Co-operative Education & Internships are a plan of higher education that incorporates productive work experience as a regular and integral part of a student's learning process.
- Student Employment Services provides you with current job postings, career fairs, and employer information sessions.
The University has 12 intervarsity athletics teams that compete against other post-secondary institutions across Canada and the United States. Combined, our teams have amassed three national championships and 28 conference championships. As well, our recreational and intramural programs attract nearly two-thirds of our student body to a wide array of activities, including volleyball, slo-pitch, innertube waterpolo, floor hockey, ultimate Frisbee, and much more!
Our lively campus is perfect for social butterflies. But if you're more of a wallflower, don't despair — our campus is perfect for you too! After all, flowers and butterflies go together like peanut butter and jam. The University of Regina Students' Union (URSU) is made up of over 15,000 students, representing the diversity of our campus. URSU works to keep students connected to everything that is happening on campus and is a place where all students can find a true sense of community.
With nearly 120 student clubs and societies at the U of R, there's sure to be something that piques your interest. Can't find the perfect club? URSU will gladly accommodate new clubs, and even help set you up with funding! We also proudly support a number of events that celebrate the rich multicultural heritage of our campus and student body.
Student computer labs are located throughout the campus, and free wi-fi is available in all main buildings and the Academic Green. All students recieve a U of R email account, network storage drive and access to UR Self-Service.
The University of Regina is a diverse campus. For example, more than 2,400 international students from dozens of countries choose to take classes at the U of R, representing around 16 percent of the student population. This diversity means that there are many exciting cultural events throughout the year. Our annual International Night attracts around 2,000 people to a showcase featuring music, fashion, and entertainment from many different cultures. Other cultural events include introduction to Pow Wow, the Glen Anaquod Annual Memorial Tipi Raising Competition, and Chinese traditional festival celebratory activities hosted by the Confucius Institute.
We have many units on campus that provide personalized guidance and support to any students who need it. Some of the programs and services we provide include free math and writing tutors, a tutor registry, skill development workshops, leadership programs, advising, accommodations for students with a disability, counselling services, library help services, services for international students, services for Indigenous students, and more.
When it comes to education, a one-size-fits-all model simply doesn't work. That's why we have three federated colleges through which you can pursue your University of Regina degree. Our federated colleges offer students a unique and supportive community within the larger U of R community. They are:
Open your world and open your mind with our Study Abroad program. Experience a semester, summer, or academic year learning abroad while exploring unique cultures and gaining valuable insights about yourself and the world around you. With access to a network of 450 universities across 70 countries, you'll have the opportunity to see the world while gaining academic credit towards a U of R degree.
Get the insider's scoop on campus life, as you enjoy a tour led by one of our current students. Check out our housing options, sports facilities, and popular campus hangouts. We also have experienced Enrolment Counsellors on staff to meet with you one-on-one, answer all of your questions, and even guide you through the application process if you like. Visit https://urconnected.uregina.ca/visitus/book-appointment.ezc