Agricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this unit group.
Fish and fish products inspectors
- Inspect fish, fish products, fish handling and processing methods and prepare reports and ensure that regulations are followed.
Fruit and vegetables inspectors
- Inspect fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables at inspection centres and prepare reports on crop production and market conditions.
- Inspect and grade all classes of grain at terminal elevators, monitor the fumigation of infested grain, and examine storage, handling and transportation equipment to ensure that sanitary procedures are followed.
- Monitor the operations and sanitary conditions of slaughtering and meat processing plants and inspect carcasses to ensure they are fit for human consumption.
Plant protection inspectors
- Certify seed crops, oversee the quarantine, treatment or destruction of plants and plant products, and the fumigation of plants and plant product imports and exports.
Agricultural products inspection supervisor
Agricultural products inspector
Crop certification inspector
Dairy products inspector
Fish products inspector
Fruit and vegetables inspector
Plant protection inspector
Here are some schools that have programs related to this career: