Waterworks maintenance workers maintain and repair waterworks equipment and facilities. They are employed in water filtration and distribution plants and waste treatment plants. Gas maintenance workers check and perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to exterior and underground gas mains and distribution lines.
Waterworks maintenance workers
- Check, clean and lubricate waterworks equipment, such as pumping equipment, chlorination equipment and compressors
- Adjust and repair waterworks equipment under the direction of qualified tradesperson
- Search and locate reported water leaks and repair water-mains, valves or outlets
- Install water meters using hand and power tools.
Gas maintenance workers
- Check and lubricate gas pipeline valves
- Conduct routine survey of gas mains and distribution lines to detect and locate escaping gas using gas detecting devices
- Investigate reports of gas leaks to determine the exact location and extent of leaks
- Dig ground to expose gas lines and repair damaged pipes
- Keep record of work performed and location and condition of pipelines
- Provide information on underground gas distribution lines and observe excavation work to ensure that underground gas facilities are protected.
Gas leak locator
Gas maintenance worker
Gas utility operator
Pipeline maintenance worker
Utility plant maintenance worker
Waterworks maintenance worker
Waterworks maintenance workers are employed by gas distribution companies.
Here are some schools that have programs related to this career: