Education Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers

(NOC 4166)


  • A bachelor's degree in education or in a discipline such as social science or business administration is required.
  • A master's degree in education may be required.
  • Specialized training or certification may be required.
  • Several years of experience as a school teacher are usually required.
  • A teacher's certificate for the province of employment is usually required when employed by provincial education ministries.

Degrees Associated with This Career


Useful Experience/Skills

Conduct research and produce reports
Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
Administer education policies and programs
Evaluate curriculum programs and recommend improvements
Develop the structure, content and objectives of new programs
Conduct statistical analyses to determine cost and effectiveness of education policies and programs
Provide on-going professional development, training and consultative services to teachers
Develop teaching materials and other resources for program delivery
Prepare research papers, educational texts or articles
Provide consulting services to government and other organizations

Ontario Tech University
Oshawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Concurrent Education Bachelor; Honours
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
University of Guelph-Humber
Toronto, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Early Childhood Studies Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
Red Deer Polytechnic
Red Deer, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Education Bachelor; Honours
Education - University Transfer Bachelor; University Transfer
Request Info
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Sciences biologiques (BSc) Bachelor
Sciences biologiques (BEd/BSc) Bachelor
Request Info
Western University
London, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Education Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
view all
Modified on January 26, 2022