Rehabilitation Teachers

(NOC 4215)


To work as an instructor or teacher of persons with disabilities, you usually need a bachelor's degree in special education or a related field such as psychology or social work. In some instances, a community college diploma and appropriate experience may replace a university education. Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree, and almost 1 in 10 has a graduate degree.

Degrees Associated with This Career

High School Diploma

Useful Experience/Skills

Interpersonal skills
Client / customer needs assessment
Facilitation skills
Volunteer work with disabled persons

Useful Secondary School Subjects

English (Communication)
Social Studies
A second language

Toronto Metropolitan University
Toronto, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Social Work (Advanced Standing to Third Year - Part Time) Bachelor
Social Work (Advanced Standing to Second Year - Full Time) Bachelor
Request Info
University of Guelph-Humber
Toronto, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Community Social Services Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Social Work (BSW) Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
Request Info
University of the Fraser Valley
Abbotsford, British Columbia, CA

Related Program(s):
Social Work - Child Welfare Specialization Bachelor
Social Work Bachelor
Request Info
Mount Royal University
Calgary, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Social Work Bachelor
Request Info
view all
Modified on January 26, 2022