Travel Counsellors

(NOC 6431)


You usually need a high school diploma. A college diploma or vocational training in travel or tourism is also usually required.

You may need certification with the ACTA/CITC's (Alliance of Canadian Travel Association and Canadian Institute of Travel Counsellors) Canadian Educational Standards System (ACCESS). This certification requires three years' experience in the industry and the completion of mandatory courses/examinations.

With experience, you may move up the ranks to become a manager.

Most recent entrants have a community college diploma, and almost 1 in 5 has an undergraduate university degree.

Degrees Associated with This Career


Useful Experience/Skills

Dealing with the public
Customer service
Computer use

Useful Secondary School Subjects

Computer Basics

Algonquin College
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Tourism - Travel Services Diploma
Request Info
Centennial College
Toronto, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Tourism Diploma; Online
Request Info
Conestoga College
Kitchener, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Tourism - Destinations and Travel Management Diploma
Tourism - Destinations and Travel Management Diploma; Co-op
Request Info
view all
Modified on January 26, 2022