St. Lawrence College
|School:||St. Lawrence College
|Field of Study:||Welding Technology/Welder
|Description:||The school of Skilled Trades at the Cornwall Campus offers the in-school study portion of the welder (456A) apprenticeship program for students already registered and working in the trade.
Apprentices are required to complete three levels of in-school training together with the required on-the-job or practical components of the trade. Upon successful completion of all the contract requirements, apprentices are eligible to write the Certificate of Qualification exam.
|URL:||Welder at St. Lawrence College
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
For all three levels of training the apprentice must be:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
- sponsored by an employer;
- registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities;
- registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 78] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 55]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.