The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
Health, Outdoor and Physical Education (MEd) - Master of Education
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education
|Field of Study:||Education, Other
Health Teacher Education
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
|Description:||The Health, Outdoor and Physical Education (HOPE) program will appeal to elementary, middle, and secondary school educators with interests in: integrated/thematic approaches in health promotion and wellness; food and health literacy; mental well being; social and cultural understandings of physical activity and health; more-than-human relationships; outdoor environmental education; leadership; experiential education; active living; physical activity; movement education; teaching games for understanding; physical literacy and inclusive models of education for equity and justice.
|URL:||Health, Outdoor and Physical Education (MEd) - Master of Education at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Faculty of Graduate Studies
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||College and Other Vocational InstructorsEducation Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program OfficersCoaches||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||76
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants for a master's degree program must hold the academic equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree from UBC including one of the following:
A minimum overall average in the B+ range (76% at UBC) in third- and fourth-year courses.
Academic standing with at least 12 credits of third- or fourth-year courses in the A grade range (80% or higher at UBC) in the field of study.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration)
|Application Notes : ||Applicants whose degrees are from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must present evidence of competency to pursue studies in the English language prior to being extended an offer of admission.
All applicants must complete an online application form and pay the application fee to be considered for admission to UBC.
All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
In addition to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies requirements, the program normally requires:
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Work Experience
1. One-two year/s of teacher experience in an educational context; or a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Education. In special circumstances teacher education may be waived for those applicants who have a university degree with sufficient standing and experience related to their proposed field of study.
2. Normally 18 credits of senior course work or a professional concentration in the area of interest.
3. Normally two years’ teaching experience or other relevant professional experience.
A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.