Vancouver Island University
Automotive Service Technician
|School:||Vancouver Island University
|Faculty:||Trades and Applied Technology
|Field of Study:||Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician
|Description:||Do you like working with your hands and fixing things? Consider a career as an auto mechanic.
VIU's 10-month, entry-level Automotive Service Technician program gives students the skills and knowledge they need to find work as an automotive apprentice, a trainee parts person or service advisor.
What's unique about the VIU Automotive apprenticeship is that students work in a live shop environment, applying classroom theory to real-world situations using all the latest tools and diagnostic equipment. VIU's auto mechanic program is housed in a building that mimics a real dealership.
|URL:||Automotive Service Technician at Vancouver Island University
|Careers:||Auto Mechanics/TechniciansAuto Body Repairers||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Graduation from BC secondary school, or equivalent from another school system,
- Minimum 17 years of age, unless stated otherwise.
- Resume and/or personal profile and/or references may be required.
- Interview may be required.
- Mathematics and/or reading and/or trades aptitude test may be required.
- Physically fit and able to adapt to working conditions.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Good health, free of vision, hearing or respiratory ailments.
- Valid driver's license will be required for vehicle and equipment operation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.