University of Manitoba
|School:||University of Manitoba
|Faculty:||Faculty of Kinesiology & Recreation Management
|Field of Study:||Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
|Description:||Physical educators enable others to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes that define active, healthy lifestyles. There has never been a more relevant time than now to be a physical educator. Governments, schools and health care organizations are increasingly recognizing the value of physical activity related to chronic disease prevention and the habituation of healthy lifestyle patterns.
The Bachelor of Physical Education is a three-year degree program (University 1 plus two years) designed for students who wish to teach physical education in the school system. The program offers an exciting mix of theory and practical courses, and includes a curriculum related to teaching physical education at the Early, Middle, or Senior Years. Students are provided with opportunities to learn and practice the skills of designing, delivering and assessing meaningful and relevant physical activities and programs.
|URL:||Physical Education at University of Manitoba
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
High school graduation including 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Computer and Information Science
- Grade12 Applied Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
A minimum average of 85% over the following, with no less than 60% in each course:
2. Applied Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Mathematics
3. One of Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Computer Science
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.