St. Lawrence College
|School:||St. Lawrence College
|Field of Study:||Machine Tool Technology/Machinist
|Description:||The General Machinist programs offered at St. Lawrence College include the in-school training of the General Machinist Apprenticeship as defined by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
The General Machinist Apprenticeship program covers the theory and techniques required to allow the apprentice to produce machined parts used in new products and for machinery in industrial plants. Apprentices learn related theory and develop skills on a variety of machine tools, including computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines.
This program is funded in part by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
|URL:||General Machinist at St. Lawrence College
|Careers:||Machining Tool OperatorsContractors and Supervisors, Machining, Metal Forming, Shaping and Erecting TradesMachinists||See More...
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
For all three levels of training the apprentice must be:
- sponsored by an employer;
- registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities;
- registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.