|Field of Study:||Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping
|Description:||The two-semester Bookkeeping program at Centennial College allows you to earn a certificate that serves as a pathway to the Certified Bookkeeper designation with the Canadian Institute of Bookkeeping (CIB). Membership in the CIB opens the door to a variety of positions, including bookkeeper, accounts receivable/payable supervisor, payroll administrator and office manager. Once you complete this certificate program, you will also be eligible to transfer, with credits, into Centennial's two-or three-year Accounting programs to earn a diploma or advanced diploma.
- Complete bookkeeping functions within the accounting cycle, including accounts receivables, payables, inventory, and payroll processing using relevant software and operating systems.
- Apply general accepted accounting principles to produce financial statements and reports for proprietorships, partnerships and corporations.
- Prepare individual income tax returns in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations using tax preparation software.
- Develop a plan to support the management needs of the bookkeeping function, including planning, forecasting, budgeting, cost and revenue management.
- Use spreadsheet and database programs, including Excel and Access, to create and produce reports for business analysis, identification of trends and decision-making.
This course will be asynchronous online, meaning you can access and engage with the course material anytime, anywhere, each week.