Mount Royal University
|School:||Mount Royal University
|Faculty:||Bissett School of Business
|Field of Study:||Aeronautics/Aviation/Aerospace Science and Technology, General
|Description:||MRU Aviation has a solid reputation across the country, built on nearly 50 years of experience in helping students reach their aviation dreams. The unique Aviation Diploma combines an academic diploma with the flight training you need to become a commercial pilot.
Students require a completed Private Pilot License by August 31st in order to begin the program.
|URL:||Aviation at Mount Royal University
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||60 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
Applicants are required to have English Language Arts 30-1 — 60%, and Mathematics 30 - 1 — 60%.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 83]
All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency if their primary or first language (meaning the main language learned and used as a child) is not English.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||In addition to meeting all academic admission requirements, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Physical - Applicants must hold an unrestricted Class 1 Aviation Medical issued by Transport Canada, valid as of September 1 for the Fall Semester to which they are applying and must continue to hold a Class 1 Medical for the entire period of their training. Applicants should be aware that the major airlines may have vision restrictions that are more stringent than the basic Transport Canada requirements
- Private Pilot Licence - Applicants must possess an unrestricted Canadian Private Pilot Licence by September 1 for the Fall Semester to which they are applying.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.