University of Manitoba
Recreation Management and Community Development
|School:||University of Manitoba
|Faculty:||Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management
|Field of Study:||Community Involvement
Leisure and Recreational Activities, General
Sport and Fitness Administration/Management
|Description:||A four-year degree program (including U1) that combines a strong theoretical framework with practical experiences designed to provide knowledge in the areas of community development, sport and event management, sustainable tourism and environmental management, economic growth, as well as social growth and cultural development. There is an ongoing need for trained recreation professionals who understand the value and benefits of recreation and leisure, and who are prepared to make a difference in their community.
|URL:||Recreation Management and Community Development at University of Manitoba
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Recreation and Sports ManagersCoachesOutdoor Sport and Recreation Guides||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Applied Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 English
High school graduation including 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level.
A minimum average of 85% over the following, with no less than 60% in each course:
2. Applied Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Mathematics
3. A third senior level course
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.