Mount Royal University
Sport and Recreation Management
|School:||Mount Royal University
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health, Community & Education
|Field of Study:||Sport and Fitness Administration/Management
|Description:||Change starts at the community level, and that change needs a champion like you. Lead the movement in your community by helping to support our economic and social future by changing attitudes that lead to sedentary lifestyles and resulting health implications. Sport and recreation are big business. By combining your interest in sports with a solid understanding of business, you will be well positioned for an exciting career in this multi-billion dollar industry. As a leader and wellness advocate, you will work actively in the community to structure and promote opportunities for citizens to get active. Create opportunities for members of your community to become active and engaged by supporting children, youth, adults and seniors alike through organizing and facilitating grassroots physical activity and recreation programming. Leave your legacy by helping to build a healthy and active community.
With courses offered in conjunction with the Bissett School of Business, you will be prepared not only to work on the frontline with community members, but also confidently manage the business aspects required to operate sport and recreation facilities.
|URL:||Sport and Recreation Management at Mount Royal University
|Cost per year:*||
Cost is quoted based on annual tuition.
|Careers:||Recreation and Sports ManagersCoaches||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Applied Mathematics or Grade12 Pure Mathematics
- Grade12 Biology
Applicants are required to have English Language Arts 30 – 1 – minimum grade 60%, Math 30 -1 or 30-2 – minimum grade 50%, and Biology 30 – minimum grade 50%.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 83]
All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency for the purpose of admission in one of the following ways if their primary or first language (meaning the main language learned and used as a child) is not English:
- Successful completion of the equivalent of two years of full-time study (minimum of three courses per semester excluding English as a Second Language courses) in an English language secondary or post-secondary institution or a combination of the two;
- Successful completion (with a grade of B- or better) of the highest level of the English for Academic Purposes program at Mount Royal’s Languages Institute;
- TOEFL with an overall minimum score of 83 on the internet-based test (iBT) and a minimum score of 20 in each of the four testing sections;
- IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 5.0 in each band);
- CAEL with an overall minimum score of 70 (with a minimum score of 50 in each band);
- MELAB with an overall minimum score of 85 (must include the oral component with a minimum score of 3);
- PTE Academic with an overall minimum score of 58 (with a minimum score of 55 in each area);
- Advanced CAE with a minimum overall Grade B.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.