St. Lawrence College
|St. Lawrence College
|Field of Study:
|Hair Styling/Stylist and Hair Design
|This program includes all the in-school training required to complete the requirements of the Apprenticeship Program as defined by the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
This Hairstyling Apprenticeship Program is an alternative to the 49-week Ontario College Diploma program. It will appeal to individuals currently employed in a salon who are working toward obtaining the provincial Certificate of Qualification as a Hairstylist.
Apprenticeship training is recognized as one of the most efficient methods of training and educating skilled tradespersons. Flexible in-school training options are necessary to meet the specific needs of apprentices and their training sponsor or employer.
|Hairstyling at St. Lawrence College
|Hairstylists and Barbers
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
The apprentice must be currently:
- sponsored by an employer;
- registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.