University of Manitoba
|School:||University of Manitoba
|Faculty:||Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
|Field of Study:||Health Services/Allied Health/Health Sciences, General
|Description:||This program integrates social science concepts, such as sociology and economics with science concepts, such as biology and metabolism. The integration supports the promotion of health by creating a new understanding among graduates of the determinants of health and how these determinants influence the health of individuals, families, and communities, as well as health services. This degree combines knowledge from science and social science disciplines in their content and learning
The Bachelor of Health Studies degree prepares students to work in a large variety of agencies and businesses that plan or deliver health related service and products, a foundation for careers in health care teams and community health management.
|URL:||Health Studies at University of Manitoba
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
High school graduation including 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level.
- Grade12 Applied Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Computer and Information Science or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 English
A minimum average of 85% over the following, with no less than 60% in each course:
2. Applied Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Mathematics
3. One of Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Computer Science
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.