Database Application Developer
|Field of Study:||Computer Programming, Specific Applications
|Description:||Seneca's School of Information and Communications Technology is a recognized leader in developing and delivering relevant programs. The Database Application Developer program will teach you how to design and implement databases on Linux/ UNIX and Windows platforms. You'll create web-enabled databases using ORACLE and SQL Server that can be manipulated through a GUI front end created with Java or Visual Basic in the .NET environment.
Students meeting all academic requirements may have the opportunity to complete an optional work term(s) in a formal work environment. The work term(s) is similar in length to an academic semester and typically involves full-time work hours that may be paid or unpaid. In programs with limited work term opportunities, additional academic requirements and a passing grade on a communication assessment may be required for eligibility. Eligibility for participation does not guarantee a work position will be secured. Additional fees are required for those participating in the optional work term stream regardless of success in securing a work position.
|URL:||Database Application Developer at Seneca College
|Cost per year:*||
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants must have ONE of the following:
- A degree or postsecondary diploma in Computers; OR
- A degree or postsecondary diploma in a non–computer field, +2 yrs IT experience with relevant résumé and references; OR
- A degree or postsecondary diploma in a non–computer field and completion of IT programming courses; OR
- Applicants with 3 to 5 years of related work experience may be considered. Relevant résumé and references must be provided.
- English proficiency at the postsecondary level.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.