Vancouver Island University
|School:||Vancouver Island University
|Faculty:||Trades and Applied Technology
|Field of Study:||Carpentry/Carpenter
|Description:||Build the foundation for your career in the carpentry industry with VIU's Carpentry program. Vancouver Island University's eight-month Carpentry Training Program is for anyone who wants a career that combines physical and mental work and the rewarding feeling that comes with building things.
Graduates find work as apprentice carpenters, concrete formers, wood framers, finishing carpenter's helpers, cabinet installers and home renovators. It's also a good foundation for getting into construction project management. With a combination of classroom and on-the-job training, this Carpentry course is unique: it is one of only two programs in the province that sends students off-site to build real houses.
|URL:||Carpentry at Vancouver Island University
|Careers:||Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry TradesCarpenters||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Graduation from BC secondary school, or equivalent from another school system,
- Minimum 17 years of age, unless stated otherwise.
- Resume and/or personal profile and/or references may be required.
- Interview may be required.
- Mathematics and/or reading and/or trades aptitude test may be required.
- Physically fit and able to adapt to working conditions.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Good health, free of vision, hearing or respiratory ailments.
- Valid driver's license will be required for vehicle and equipment operation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.