Admission is on a program by program basis. Academic admission requirements vary with each program. Some programs may request interviews, reference letters, auditions, skills appraisal exams, and/or career investigations.
One of the following English language requirements may apply:
- 1. A TOEFL test and achieve a score of 550 on the paper based test or 213 on the computer based test or 80 internet based. You can access TOEFL information on the website.
- 2. IELTS accept a minimum score of 6.5 overall with at least 5.5 on each band score.
- 3. CAEL accept a minimum score of 60 overall with at least 60 on each band score.
- 4. MELAB minimum score of 77 overall, with at least 72 on each band score.
- 5. Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) minimum score of 59 and a minimum score of 56 in each band.
You may be required to have your high school and post-secondary documents evaluated by the International Qualification Assessment Service (IQAS) and results sent to us. Information can be obtained on the website.
You're Just Three Steps Away from Applying to RDP!
- 1. Choose a Program
- 2. Check the Admission Requirements on our website
- 3. Apply and Submit Your Application Fee
We're happy to help answer any questions you may have. Call or email and our friendly staff will help guide you through the process!
Red Deer Polytechnic is committed to the practice of granting fair and equal consideration to all applicants. Qualified applicants are admitted to programs in accordance with the date of completed application. Students are encouraged to apply and complete their files at the earliest possible date. Applications are accepted starting October 1.
Apply and pay the non-refundable application fee. You must arrange to have an official copy of your high school and all post-secondary transcripts sent to us. An official transcript is one that is sent directly to Red Deer Polytechnic from the Ministry of Education or issuing institution in your country. You can apply online on the website. You will also find international student information on the website.