The following is a description of the admission requirements for UTSC if you are currently in an Ontario education system. Remember that possessing the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- 1. High school diploma (OSSD)
- 2. At least six (6) Grade 12 "U" or "M" courses
- 3. One of the above six courses must be ENG4U
- 4. Proof of adequate English facility, if necessary.
For more details, visit the English Language Facility
section of the site.
Some programs may require specific high school prerequisites and will be outlined in the Programs pages.
For an in-depth and comprehensive list of all international school requirements, please visit the Enrolment Services website at University of Toronto.
Before you apply:
- 1. Know what you want to study. Learn more about our programs and their requirements on this site and the UTSC Viewbook. Remember that you can only apply to ONE program at UTSC, so make sure it's the one you want!
- 2. Come for a visit. Book a campus tour and register for our on-campus events to get a good feel for your campus and your program of choice.
- 3. Check your eligibility. If English is not your first language, you may need to take an English Language Facility test. If you are an international student, you should also research the additional information needed to study in Canada (e.g. Visas & Permits). If you have a disability, please contact UTSC's AccessAbility & Services directly for information and assistance regarding disability accommodation and related services.
Sending in your application:
- 1. Send in your application. Apply on the Ontario Universities' Application Centre and provide any necessary supplementary application forms before the deadline.
- 2. Make sure your application is complete. Only send in what is required – we may request more information at later stages in your application process.
Applying to the University of Toronto Scarborough is done online via the OUAC website. Learn more about how to apply, facilitated admission for students in mainland China and Taiwan, and transfer credit information: https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/admissions/apply-u-t-scarborough.