Painters and Decorators

(NOC 7294)


In general, you usually need a high school diploma.

You may need trade certification in the province/territory where you'll work.

To gain trade certification, you usually need an apprenticeship or a combination of experience and trade courses.

Qualified tradespersons in this group may also obtain interprovincial (Red Seal) trade certification, which provides job mobility throughout the country.

Many recent entrants have a high school diploma, and almost 1 in 4 has a trade/vocational certificate or community college diploma.

Degrees Associated with This Career

High School Diploma

Useful Experience/Skills

Customer service
Working to schedule
Physical work

Useful Secondary School Subjects

Industrial Arts
Business English

Algonquin College
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Interior Decorating Diploma
Residential Decor (Part-time) Certificate
Request Info
view all
Modified on May 20, 2012