Vancouver Island University
|School:||Vancouver Island University
|Faculty:||Trades and Applied Technology
|Degree:||Certificate; Co-op; Apprenticeship
|Field of Study:||Culinary Arts/Chef Training
|Description:||Calling all domestic and international foodies! Shape your passion and creativity into a rewarding, fast-paced, hands-on career close to home or around the world with Vancouver Island University's Culinary Arts program.
Our internationally recognized chef training programs at the Culinary Institute of Vancouver Island provides students with hands-on, real-world experiences running service programs in state-of-the-art kitchens and labs.This Culinary Arts program also has a paid co-operative education component that allows students to network and build industry contacts.
Students learn the culinary skills needed to enter careers in world-class hotels, resorts, restaurants, bakeries and more. Educational grants are available to students wanting to train in this high-demand industry.
|URL:||Culinary Arts at Vancouver Island University
|Cost per year:*||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Graduation from BC secondary school, or equivalent from another school system,
- Minimum 17 years of age, unless stated otherwise.
- Resume and/or personal profile and/or references may be required.
- Interview may be required.
- Mathematics and/or reading and/or trades aptitude test may be required.
- Physically fit and able to adapt to working conditions.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Good health, free of vision, hearing or respiratory ailments.
- Valid driver's license will be required for vehicle and equipment operation.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.