The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Faculty:||Faculty of Applied Science (Engineering)
|Field of Study:||Computer Engineering, General
|Description:||Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) consists of three eight-month academic sessions either following first-year Engineering or following a transfer program from first-year Science. The second year is common to both Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering. In the second year, two educational streams are offered: the project integrated program (on a trial basis), which integrates principles of electrical and computer engineering with project work, and the traditional integrated learning method. Some undergraduate curriculum changes will emphasize laboratory work and engineering design, without detracting from the program’s strong analytical base. You can select an option in Software Engineering, as well as a Minor in Honours Mathematics.
|URL:||Computer Engineering at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Computer and Information Systems ManagersComputer Engineers||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Physics
- Grade11 Chemistry
- Grade11 Physics
- Final grade of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or equivalent course, including provincial examinations where applicable).
- Graduation from high school with a minimum average of 70% (or higher for many programs).
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.