The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Faculty:||Faculty of Applied Science (Engineering)
|Field of Study:||Mechanical Engineering
|Description:||Mechanical Engineering is a diverse field that applies physics and mathematics to analyze, design, and maintain mechanical systems. Mechanical Engineers continuously innovate, then refine and simplify solutions to the problems we face in our everyday (and not-so-everyday) lives.
Mechanical Engineering provides a broad base of theory courses and practical design projects. You will enter Mechanical Engineering in your second year from the first-year General Engineering that is common to all Engineering programs. Options include Biomedical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Thermofluids.
|URL:||Mechanical Engineering at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Cost per year:*||
More information on tuition fees can be found on the UBC undergrad tuition fees webpage.
|Careers:||Facility Operation and Maintenance ManagersMechanical Engineers||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Physics
- Grade11 Chemistry
- Grade11 Physics
- Graduation from high school
- Minimum of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or their equivalents)
- At least six academic/non-academic Grade 12 courses (recommended, but not required)
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 65] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.