St. Lawrence College
|School:||St. Lawrence College
|Field of Study:||Plumbing Technology/Plumber
|Description:||The plumber program includes the in-school training of the Plumber Apprenticeship as defined by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. The Plumber Apprenticeship program covers the theory and techniques needed to install industrial and residential plumbing, mainly in new buildings.
Apprentices are required to complete three levels of in-school training together with the required on-the-job or practical components of the trade (approximately 5 years/9,000 hours). Upon successful completion of all the contract requirements, apprentices are eligible to write the Certificate of Qualification exam for plumbing.
This program is funded in part by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
|URL:||Plumber at St. Lawrence College
|Careers:||Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting TradesPlumbers||
|Prerequisites:*||These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
For all three levels of training the apprentice must be:
- sponsored by an employer;
- registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities;
- registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 55] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.