|Faculty:||School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design
|Degree:||Diploma; Online; Advanced
|Description:||Centennial College's Graphic Design program prepares you for a multidisciplinary design career, and has a graduate employment rate that exceeds 80 per cent. Facilitated at the Story Arts Centre, the courses in this advanced diploma program take a hands-on approach in an intimate studio environment, rather than having you sit passively in large lecture halls. With small class sizes, you have lots of opportunities to work one-on-one with your professors.
In the Graphic Design program, you:
- Master industry-standard Adobe software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Learn creative problem solving and design thinking
- Design for print, including advertisements, magazines, books and packaging
- Design responsive websites, mobile apps and create exciting motion graphics
- Explore drawing, photography, illustration and type design
- Learn professional practice skills to land a great job or start your own design business
- Contribute something unique and innovative to the design community in a thesis course
- Learn on the job and get course credits through an industry field placement in your final semester
- Interact with industry professionals
- Become a student member of the Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario (RDG Ontario)
- Learn from professors who are current and professionally active in the design industry
This course will be synchronous online, meaning classes are delivered during a specific timeslot in the week. You're expected to come together online at the same time each week to engage in your studies. The course will also be asynchronous online, meaning you can access and engage with the course material anytime, anywhere, each week. In Fall 2020, this program includes teaching at a distance and possibly some in lab/studio depending on the health and safety guidance at that time. We expect to be face-to-face hopefully in January. If an international student enrols in this program, they should be planning to come to Canada to complete the next semesters.
|Cost per year:*||
This cost estimate is based on two semesters, and includes incidental fees.