Vancouver Island University
Education Assistant and Community Support
|School:||Vancouver Island University
|Field of Study:||Community Health Services/Liaison/Counselling
|Description:||This program includes both theoretical studies and practical applications for working with people who have disabilities, across the life span. The core and specialty courses provide students with the skills and knowledge to work in schools and community. The program is offered with courses rotated.
Acceptance into the program does not mean that students will be placed into a practicum. Students will be individually assessed as to their readiness for the practicums in terms of skills, knowledge and personal suitability. Placement into a practicum will be at the discretion of the program Chair.
|URL:||Education Assistant and Community Support at Vancouver Island University
|Careers:||Community and Social Service Workers||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- General admission requirements apply.
- English 12 with a minimum “C” grade, or equivalent.
- Group interview.
- Two letters of reference.
- Résumé with covering letter.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.