The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
Mathematics and Economics
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Econometrics and Quantitative Economics
|Description:||This combined major will give you a solid foundation in mathematics and an understanding of key economics principles. You'll examine subjects such as microeconomics, empirical economics, differential calculus, mathematical proof, and more.
Mathematics is about revealing and explaining patterns – from an electrical impulse in an animal’s nervous system to a fluctuation in stock market prices. Being able to simplify complex situations through abstraction and systematic reasoning is a great asset for any scientist.
|URL:||Mathematics and Economics at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Cost per year:*||
More information on tuition fees can be found on the UBC undergrad tuition fees webpage.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade11 Physics
- Grade11 Chemistry
- Graduation from high school
- Minimum of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or their equivalents)
- At least six academic/non-academic Grade 12 courses (recommended, but not required)
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 65] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.